• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Ram? (not the normal "Which ram questions")

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimbob7

Right.... I have an Jetway Alioth 845GE (I couldnt post the addy coz it just goes to the home page so here is the info for it)

Support Socket 478B processor for Intel PentiumÒ 4 (mPGA478) package processor ,Support 400/533MHz System Bus Frequency
Intel 82845GE (Alioth GE) / 82845PE (Alioth PE) and 82801DB (ICH4) chipset
Support 184-pin DDR333 Module
Integrated Graphice Controller (Only Alioth GE)
Extend AGP Slot Support 4X AGP Support 1.5V VGA Card Only
Onboard 1934a Port
Onboard Serial ATA Controller
Onboard Realtek RT8100 PCI LAN
PC'99 Ready & PC'99 Colorful I/O Ports Design
Support USB Controller & PS/2 Mouse , Standard IR (infrared) Function
Provide extra " three-wire" fans connectors
USB 2.0 / Audio 6Channel support
Magic Frequency Setting
Jumperless
4-phase CPU Vcare Voltage support stable current
BIOS Write Protect function to avoid Virus crash data
PC Health Monitoring On Post Screen
Magic Install
Y2K Compliant
ACPI Supporting For OS Directed Power Management

Now for my Question/s.

I need to know if this mobo is going to take PC3700 or maybe higher.

Also the highest voltage i can put the ram to is 2.8v so is this going to be enough for overclocking new ram?

And is there a way i can get more V's into the ram :D:D

Please help me on this :D im getting really stuck :)

PS:: I hope this isnt a normal question because ill look a lil silly :p

It's the prototypical normal question.

Yes you can use PC3700 ram.

Whether or not 2.8V is enough for overlcocking depends entirely on what ram you have and how fast your are trying to run it.

The Vdimm limit of your board can likely be increased, but it will require modification of the board. Vmods for most popular boards can be found at the extrememsystems.com forum, but it is highly unlikekly your board is common enough for a mod for it to exist.

Great :D So the next question is what ram is for me ie no volt mod so i have 2.8v and i want to get the most out of my p4 2.4!!!

Maybe faster ram so i dont have to overclock as much coz of my lowish 2.8v or slower ram but with more over clock coz the default v for the slower ram might be 2.5 or 2.6?????

Back