• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OCZ 4200EL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
damn it says 2.8 is that stock or highest it should go?? ( im think that is stock :() my max is 2.8 on my mobo. I have a 2.4 p4 how much would i be able to overclock with that ram at stock speed?

The memory will work at 533 MHZ @ 2.8 volts, per specification. To do more extreme overclocking, Epox makes a board that goes above 3 volts on the VDIMM. You can risk doing a volt mod on your mainboard, but that would invalidate your mainboard warranty.

What mainboard do you run, if I may ask?

The thing many people forget to realize is that as the clock cycle of chips is reduced, the timings will have to go up no matter what. You prolly won't see 2-2-2-6 timings on a 4ns chip, and if you do it won't be for some time. 10ns seems to be the limit for CAS Latency, CAS-to-RAS Delay, and RAS-precharge. 4ns chips running at DDR500 with timings of 3-3-3-8 will reach 12ns, with a CL of 2.5 they reach a CL of 10ns.

Back