• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

janci

Hi all,

I have a problem with motherboard Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2 especially with chipset fan which is integrated in motherboard (no CPU fan). The problem is that this fan will stop approximately 5-15 minutes after switching computer on. I am not sure that this fan's behaviour is correct (probably this fan is regulated basically motherboard temperature but this is only my hypothesis). If someone has expirience with this motherboard, please write me.
Thanks for all.

Jan Krsak

Yes I do. I have EasyTune4, why it's problem whit this software?

Cant remember exactly what to do as I dont have a Giga NForce available to me at the moment. Two things I seem to remember are set the fan controller bit(sorry not sure of exact name) to always on and seem to remember uninstalling EasyTune may help. Either way your Fan should be working all the time, probably wont do much harm (it not working) if you are not OCing but better to get it on 100% of the time.
Hood

Hood, thank you for your tip. I try to uninstall EasyTune.

Yo... totally normal, don't trip. :)

I was trippin' for a bit, too, but when I saw it start up again, I realized it was temp-activated (a sensor). I actually like this feature, since the HSF for the chipset will be less dusty this way, and it does cut down on the noise (though everhting else already drowns out the chipset fan, so I can't hear it go on anyways).

So ur not the only one who noticed it. :)

Hi all,
My problem with NB fan has been successfully solved. This is an email from Gigabyte technical support:

About the issue you mentioned in your earlier mail, the NB fan can be controlled by the Smart Fan function in EasyTune4.
You can find this option in ET4, which allows you to activate the fan at a specific time or to stop it.
Please refer to the attachment for the Smart Fan function.
By the way, if you want the fan to be always on, you can also find such option under Smart Fan Feature.

Hood, I mean that your tip was correct. Thank you.

JK

Back