• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem w/ Mushkin 3500 Level II and 8RDA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K_King

When I try to use the memory at 2-2-2-6 settings I get an error when booting up XP about a file missing (it was something like system32/config). I rebooted at my Corsair timings 2-3-3-8 and it was fine, any reason why running the 3500 at 400 Mhz, when its rated 2-2-2-6 at 433 is causing that error?

I put it at 2.75 volts and it booted.........BUT I was playing Max Payne 2 and it wouldn't load Level 2. So I then put back in some 45.23 WHQL nVidia Drivers, and it still booted to the desktop. I then aid well let me relax the timings again, and sure enough at 2-3-3-6 it worked fine........

Why in the world would that happen? I bought these sticks in pairs, and they replaced my Corsair XMS 3200 sticks that ran 400 Mhz at 2-3-3. I was hoping these would let me run faster timings, since Anandtech ran them at 2-2-2-6 at 2.55 Volts and 400 Mhz......

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Back