• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some opinions fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted Metal

Registered
K, I bought basicly a new system 3 weeks ago, and have had nothing but trouble since. Problems abounded like shadows at high noon, so my wife (tired of hearing me complain) offered to buy me a cheap mainboard to replace this one til we can afford a good board.

to see the troubles that lead to this point go here. anyway, I am looking to buy one from Thompson's Computer Warehouse Online tomorrow morning as I'm running to tampa anyway. The board I'm looking at is this board. I'm needing to know if this board is fairly decent, and able to overclock decently, and if the radeon series video cards have any troubles with them. specificly the 9600 Pro's. If there is another board you see there that is better and is within the price range of under $80 please by all means let me know.

I'll be leaving in 9 hours (I know short notice) but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Twisted Metal

Why not just get a refurb from Newegg.com You can get a cheap board if you want, or an A7N8X which will be a great MB for around $80. I think TCWO is a bit over priced. I don't see wasting money on a board to hold you over, especially seeing how you say $$$$ is tight.

actually I use the computer to do work from home when not in the office. so getting it back up asap is a must. I'm looking for it to work with the 9600pro because i already have one, and because I play games on it when not updating the databases and such.

I would do the newegg thing, but last time I went to them (and it was no fault of theirs) the material arrived broken and in poor shape. I'd rather spend the extra $$ to pick it up myself, and know it's working and working that day. one of those rock and a hard place things. the max price i can go is $100, but was trying to shy away from that end of the bar. I thought about the MSI K7N2G-L but this part on their website makes me worry about compatability problems as I dont know how to tell which ram I already have:

Note: nForce2 does NOT supports x4 memory device. 1GB can be made by other density of dram chip such as x 8, x16. Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.

Thx for the quick reply, and for trying to save me some extra $ ;)

Don't know if its too late, but for $100 you can get the NF7. It is the best NForce2 board hand down. Check excaliberpc.com

Back