• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoninCS

Registered
Ok, so I have a nForce2 KT400 Ultra board, that supports dual channel setups. So today I threw a second stick of exactly the same RAM I already had in my system, and ran Sandra. Oddly, the benchmarks were lower with the second stick in running in dual channel mode (as denoted by the bios message as I booted up that stated it was in dual channel mode). Is there a reason why this would happen, aside from perhaps one of the sticks being bad?

That's exactly what I did..went from 1 512MB stick to 2....sad, though....was hoping for a performance improvement, not a drop. :(

sisandra is unreliable anyway, screw it. 1GB of meme will be a huge difference in games then 512, especially in generals and sim city 4. and dual channel, is faster in every single way, dual channel has twice the memory bandwith and alot less latency. heh, if you dont want to run in dual channel, can i have your 512 Stick?

Back