• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kt4 ultra & (3)hard drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok here is my setup, full spects and in my sig

KT4 ultra
from ide 1 (master) 40gig primary drive OS installed on this one.
ide 1(slave) 80 gig storage drive

ide2 cdw(master)
ide2 dvd(slave)

OK here ismy question the above runs great and all that but I also got a 60 gig how can i get it in here...? or can I??

I got a ide 3 but its for ATA? Im not familar with it and I tried to just hook up to it but it wouldnt work. SO can I make my primary drive a ATA drive and the hook my 3rd drive up in ide1? if so how do I make a ATA drive work & what are the advantages of a ATA drive.

all 3 hd's are ATA 133 drives.

is this all possible or am i dreaming....lol I have read all the info that came with my board and I must say the part about the ATA stuff gets me lost faster that anything.

see I bought a broken hd off ebay for 5$ and sent it into maxtor and they sent me back a new drive so I though why try to get it into my system if possible.

also one more thing how much do heat spreaders for ram help out as in how much coller are they than with out. sorry if im passing my confusion off to you in this post.

thanx
rcillig

I THINK THAT CHANNEL IS ONLY FOR RUNNING A RAID CONFIG (hook 2 drives in that channel...

you must have the SR version (thats Serial ATA Raid...) or SATA.

i think that heat spreaders DO help at keeping the ram cool, but not all THAT much...

stick the drive on the ide 3

control plus f as it boots,that gets you in the raid bios

create an array,oh and be sure to load the raid drivers to c and enable the raid in bios as well

I too have an extra drive that I'd like to add to my system.

I have installed the raid drivers on 'C' drive, fitted my spare drive to IDE3, enabled 'RAID' in BIOS, set up a stripe array with the drive, but when I try to boot I get a black screen after the 'Windows XP' splash screen. When I disable 'RAID' in bios again it boots up fine. :(

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Back