• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo PC4300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mystic95Z

Registered
PCStats has a review of the Buffalo PC4300 mem. Anyone seen this forsale anywhere? I looked on Buffalo's site and it isn't even listed...

-Tony

The timings aren't any looser than the Corsair PC4000 is it? I was just wondering if it would be a good cheaper alternative to it since right now I'm cpu limited (2.6C @ 13 x 235) using a 5:4 mem ratio wich means my mem is only running ~185mhz :(. The TwinX 3200LL I have wont run 1:1 at 235 the best I can seem to get out if it is 225.

-Tony

the timings suck. For a second there I thought I saw it say bh-4...If you get bh-5 and run 5:4 2-2-2-5 you will rape any benchmark, with the exception of s-sanrda...pc4x00 is crap, until bh-4 comes out when you can run 1:1 with tight timings.

Of course they'll release BH-4, or at least an equivalent 4ns. It's the next logical step unless they do a 4.Xns chip beforehand. That will be tight! We'll be seeing - when overclocked - like 275MHz 2-2-2-5!

--Illah

Back