• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi kt4v-l help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

achaps81

i recently bought an msi kt4v-l mobo with an xp2200+ chip. i have 512 pc2700 ddr ram with an 80 gig maxtor drive. i want to overclock my pc, but when i get mf fsb past 151 it freezes and all i get is a blank screen and i have to reset the bios on the board. right now i have it at 146 mhz. i want to get more power from it but i am sad to say that i cant get it any faster. is there anything that i can do to increase the speed? and do i have to "unlock" my chip to do that? i dont want to mess with anything other than the fsb without getting any details first. thanks in advance.

i can not get to any multis in my bios, just auto, which is 13.5. do i have to unlock my chip?

anytime i change the multi to anything other than auto, i wont post at all

i went to that page, what do i put in? amd athlon or tbred b? ive get an xp2200+ athlon xp and its a tbred b.

you said you had a thrdrd

and its the xp 2200 ,so its not unlocked by the board,remove it add a tiny strand of u shaped wire as per the photo and it will enable you to use multipliers up to 12.5

Back