• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What memory shall I get (european stuff)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

Ok, I have looked for 2 weeks or something, and I cant find Buffalo PC3700 anywhere in europe. So this is out of the question.

So I need 1Gb of RAM and I need it to be good, in that I wanna hit 240 FSB with good timmings with my Abit NF7-S.

The obvious choice is BH-5 ...but they dont come cheap when no buffalo is available...

So far my choices are :

1)Mushkin PC3200 512Mb Promo with BH-5 at 164e x2 = 328e without heatspreaders

2)HyperX PC3200 BH-5 at 338e

3)HyperX PC3500 at 345e (dunno if BH-5)

Mushkin is sure to be BH-5 (even advertised by the shop ( www.shop4memory.com ) ) but has no heat spreaders and is not a dual channel kit, just 2 same modules ...

Kingston PC3200 is supposed to be BH5 (according to the code KHR3200K2) , has heat spreaders, is a kit, but is more expensive.

Kingston PC3500 is almost the same price as 3200 and I dont know if BH-5 or not...heatspreaders and kit also...

So what would u choose and do u have to suggest any other alternative (cheaper if possible...I am crying that I am gonna pay 300+ euros for 1Gb BH-5 when Buffalo BH5 is only 200$ in the US grrrrr)

Where did u get them from? Any online shop? and for how much?

Well i got it from a local computer shop in Israel, i doubt you wanna order from them (+ it was their last stick of it)...
but i got each stick for about 574NIS (divide by 4.4ish to get in USDollars)
Ritalin

hm you dont say if 512Mb or 1Gb but judging from the cost it must be 512Mb which is stil nice for that price for BH-5 ...

And then I saw your signature to verify how much it was....and.....

HOLY ****! 512 Kilobytes!!! do you ever fill all this ram??? serious overkill :pP

Anyone else care to answer and help please?

hyperx pc3500 mount ch5
i know that muskin black level 2 pc3200 can hit 240 very easy with 3v in dual channel, but 256mb module and it's black level 2, not normal muskin...
and haven't tested yet a hyperx pc3200, but hyperx pc3000 with bh5 chips works very very well, so pc3200 can be the same..

howether 240DC rock solid with 1gb of ram it's probably impossible or near that..

Back