• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! New memory didn't work, Now old memory won't either

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

Ok, I've had my rig, second one in my sig below (the 1700+) up to 2.5 with no problems. But I wanted to upgrade my old Corsair XMS PC2700 512 chip to two sticks of Mushkin Level II PC3500, so as to use the duel channel memory function of my NF7-S mobo. So when I replaced the Corsair with the Mushkin I didn't change my BIOS settings, I left them set for the 2.5 oc. After changing the RAM, I fired up the computer and it locked. So I cleared the CMOS and started it with the default settings. It ran fine. Then I started trying to oc it. I never could get it to oc very well, so I thought I'd just put my old RAM (the Corsair) back in. Well now it won't do much better than the default settings. The best I could get it to, after LOTS of reboots (trying different settings) is 2.210. Arrrrrugh!!!!!!!! I don't know what I screwed up, but I haven't figured it out yet. I've kept a written log of all the different settings I tried. I even tried just setting itback just the way it was before I messed with changeing RAM. But I'm still stuck! It's probably something simple that I just overlooked (I hope!!!). Anyone have any sugestions?

bump

that same thing happens to me all the time. i just got this new PS (replaced a NO-Name 400w) first OC i went to 220x11 and prime ran for 30 min. then i went to 225 and it locked. reset cmos and it wont hit 220xanything anymore. Heck, it wont hit 210x anything.
i feel your pain.
good luck

Back