• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st Abit board and it's the BOMB!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caboob

I had been a loyal Asus/Gigabyte board user until I saw the great overclocks achieved with the IC7. After getting in on one of those Newegg refurbs, I couldnt believe how much more speed I got out of this 2.53B multi-vid C1 P4 I had residing in my Giggy 8INXP which topped out at 175MHz FSB. Right now, I've got this sucker cruising along at 190 MHz FSB --> 3.62GHz!!!

Props to Larva for alerting me to this bargain IC7.

Will be getting my watercooling gear on this soon to get the temps down.

People may say that the Abit mobo's are quirky (and to some extent they are), but they definitely give you the best overclocking capabilities. Maybe I just like the Abit SoftMenu BIOS setup.

I have a 2.4B SL6RZ @ 3.6 (189 MHz) on an IC7-G (Newegg refurb).

TH7-II still chugging along. I want to upgrade to have a better experance with Battlefield Desert Combat, but I think I will wait for the "pci-express" boards early next year.

caboob said:
I had been a loyal Asus/Gigabyte board user until I saw the great overclocks achieved with the IC7. After getting in on one of those Newegg refurbs, I couldnt believe how much more speed I got out of this 2.53B multi-vid C1 P4 I had residing in my Giggy 8INXP which topped out at 175MHz FSB. Right now, I've got this sucker cruising along at 190 MHz FSB --> 3.62GHz!!!

Props to Larva for alerting me to this bargain IC7.

Will be getting my watercooling gear on this soon to get the temps down.

what volts and ram are you guys using...3.6 is...well I'm not raggin but hard as hell to reach...I have 2.6C with HyperX 3500 and my max right now is 3.4..

what are your temps etc..

At 3.6GHz, with Folding going, the temps are mid 50s. It goes all night/all day. Mind you, this is a "B" CPU so with its higher multiplier it doesnt take much effort to reach top CPU speed.

caboob said:
At 3.6GHz, with Folding going, the temps are mid 50s. It goes all night/all day. Mind you, this is a "B" CPU so with its higher multiplier it doesnt take much effort to reach top CPU speed.

thanks for the reply... "B" has a multi of 15 right...

Back