• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the agp on my new nf7-s doesn't work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duke Blackfist

I built a new rig yesterday, and was gleefully anticipating all the fun I was going to have with my new sapphire 9800 np. However, when I swiched it on, all I got was some angry beeps. I have installed a pci graphics card, which works fine, and everything else seems fine.

I tried another old agp card (an nvidia tnt2) and it does the same thing as with the 9800np. (beeps lots on booting up and sometimes some incomprehensible fuzz on the screen).

Could it be a problem with the agp on my nf7-s?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure the AGP card is completely seated in the AGP slot. I doubt this is the problem, but it is worth checking...

But, unless it is that, I'd say there is something wrong with the agp slot on the board.

yeah, I've pushed, pulled, wiggled, twisted... you get the idea, the card was in there good and proper. One thing I forgot to mention - the 9800np seems to run REALLY hot (like the ram is uncomfortable to touch).

thanks 4 your quick reply, have a good one dude.

Since you tested with two video cards I wouldn't think there is anything wrong with the 9800. The RAM does get warm, it's normal - now if it starts burning you, then perhaps there is a problem.

I assume the TNT2 card you tested with is known good?

yar, known good. worked just dandy in my old 800 rig for years (well, there's an issue with some weird banding effect, but it's been doing that for ages too.)
sooo, looks like the motherboard needs to be sent back. goody gumdrops.

Back