• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X-X blinkin'-stinkin' light question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Huckleberry

Ok, this is starting to perturb me.

I have an Asus A7N8X-X with a Power LED light that flashes on and off (about 1/2 a second on and about 1/2 a second off). The system works, but the flashing light is making me more paranoid than my usual paranoid state. I worry that the whole thing is going to go critical and melt a green, glowing hole through my floor.

The Asus manual doesn't help much unfortunately.

Anybody out there with more than just an educated guess?

off topic, but how do you like this board? thinking about geting one... how is your oc and what ram are you using?

I like the board - it's got a good bunch of options and the price was right. Mem is 256x2 C2 PC3200 OCZ. No overclock with the memory running only slightly faster than stock. CPU is 1800+ with temps at about 45c (stock heatsink and thermal pad).

I had the FSB up to 333 which worked, but with stability problems, hence my current stock speeds to work out where the problems are coming from. Too bad dropping the FSB back to 266 didn't help out with stability. :(

Now I'm going through the system part by part to see where the problem is coming from - hence this thread.

I found the source of the blinkin' problem. (Well, _I_ didn't find the problem, I referenced the nforcershq board which had a couple of threads regarding this exact subject). The problem has to do with a bug in the BIOS that makes the power light blink as if it were in Standby Mode even if the comp is not.

This is also a problem with some of the deluxe boards.

For future reference, my board is A7N8X-X-UAYZ, with rev 2.00-A02 if I'm reading the right sticker.

There is at least one work-around and maybe two:
- I fixed it by powering down and then rebooting
- Another person manually went into standby and then pushed the power button to come out of standby which worked

hmm i am using the 1007 uber on my rev 2.0 board...didn't even know i had a power LED on there (was hiden behind RAID card cables) anyways it is on solid bro...which revision is your board, what BIOS version you useing?

Back