• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Incredible Samsung PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dirty_Punk

yesterday i was testing an old samsung tcb3 pc2700 stick that i have here...
i know that my stick doesn't accept any voltage over 2.85v (seems identical to "famous" OCZ OVP in the PC3700 GOLD stick, that strangelly use samsung tcb3 chips... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

so put the stik on the NF7-S, voltage default (2.6v, real 2.7v) and check how much does this stick overclock
always cpu interface enable
timigns 6-2-2-2.5 220mhz Rock stable
raised the vmem, 2.85v
timigns 6-2-2-2.5 230mhz R.S.
6-3-2-2.5 240mhz quite stable
7-3-3-2.5 250mz!!!!! at 2.85v!!! unfortunatelly i know that my mobo can't handle stable 250mhz, so i don't know how stable this stick can be...

the other incredible fact is that the performance loss lowering timigns is very minimal VS the perf. loss lowering timigns with other sticks!!!!

samsung2700.JPG

do they still sell them in stores. I need some good pc2700 but cant decide which one. Are they 256mb or 512?

the chip is

Samsung 214
K4H560838C-TCB3

i'll post some pics later

the stick have a label
Korea 0216
M368L3223CTL-CB3

the pcb is a samsung original and the label have the samsung brand

wo! I had 1 stick of 256MB of that stuff a year ago, and in the IT7, I got it to around 227Mhz, can't remember the timings anymore.

but yours is probably faster than most of the newest stuff!

SamSung has 2 streams of supplies, one is originally from SamSung Korea with the PCB and everything made and assembled in Korea, the other one, costs ~7US$ less, is OEM, the chips are the same but the PCB and the rest are not, so be aware of what u r getting. As far as oc is concerned that can be heaven and hell.

I wonder if Dirty_Punk has tried the DDR-400 (cl=3) by SamSung??

Anxious to find out, if the ddr-400 can be clocked to cl=2.5? Any one??

Last edited:
haven't tryed yet, but an user from an italian forum have tryed them on intel plataform, and have hit 265mhz without problem with slow timigns (like 3-4-4-8 or someting better but not so better)

the ddr-400 stick costs 7US$ more than the ddr-333.....I was going to increase the voltage hoping to clock the ddr-400 to cl=2.5...........seems noone has done it..........in this case may as well get the ddr-333.....

Yeah, Samsung PC2700 is pretty incredible. Mine can do 200 (mobo's limit) at 5-2-2-2 perfectly... wonder how fast it can really go. Pretty nice considering I bought it for $36 half a year ago. From what I heard, though, all the new stuff is dismal. Not to mention that it's more expensive; I think $45 or so is the going price.

Right now, though, I'm limited by a 512mb stick of Samsung PC2700 ECC which doesn't seem to like anything over 166 @ default timings... weird.

Maybe thaey started using the good chips on faster sticks of ram. RIght after the 2700 stopped being as good (which was right before I bought mine), they releaded PC3200.

Back