• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar IDEQ 200N Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidWolf

I got the Biostar IDEQ 200N for a family member but ever since the first boot i had nothing but trouble, starting with an error message saying the cpu settings were changed which reminds me when trying to oc a locked athlon.
So i tried entering the bios but all i got was a black screen with a blinking under-slash at the top left of the screen and no matter how long i waited it would just stay there, that kept happening for quite abit of boots until it started going into the regular blue bios screen but without any text at all.

The mobo came with 2 Jumpers with similar names, JCLK1 and JCLK but the manual only gives a description for JCLK1 as a 133/166 - Safe mode jumper. I tried setting just JCLK1 to safe but i would still get the above errors, then i tried setting both to Safe mode and that allowed me to enter the bios normally.
I didnt upgrade the bios sooner because the bios upgrade feature on this board is built inside the bios. I went ahead and upgraded the bios to the latest version available on Biostar website and no more cpu oc error but overall system/bios was still unstable.

Sometimes the system hangs when entering the bios and 80% of the time the bios hangs from pressing Enter on a change-able option to bring the selection box.
When trying to install windows xp the comp would sometimes eather hang during the beggining inspection or after the files were loaded, sometimes the comp would reboot half way thru the loading.

Since i have only built a few systems the above problems are very new to me and my biggest question would be, "Did i get a bad mobo, or is it user error?".

Specs are the Biostar IDEQ 200N based on the NForce2, has built-in gpu and sound card which i'm using, an old Athlon 1900xp and 2 stick of Crucial 256mb 2700 for dual channel.

Back