• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I thought it was my MB, I thought it was my PSU, in the end it was ram....what now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzbeaner

I thought it was my MB, I thought it was my PSU, in the end it was ram....what now?

Ok, so after many a replacement I've come to the realization my comp runs perfect with a single stick of my Kingston Value ram. Suprise suprise. So now I'm running on 256 of PC2100. Sure 512 of the stuff was fine when I had my AK31 v3, but time have changed, and the AK35GT2 cries for the raw power that is: a gig of PC2700 in the form of two 512 sticks.

My question? What brand. My criteria?

A. I'm tired of all the BS, i want something stable that I don't have to worry about.
B. Future compatibility: One day I'm going to break down and go dual channel - I want the ram to be able to handle it.
C. Future Overclocking: One day, before I upgrade, I want to be able to get this stuff up and running well above spec.
D. Price: We all know the price thing :)

Ok, so in the name of D, B and C can be ignored to an extent but A is vital. I want something that will work, that I can RMA easy if it doesn't work, and if it hoses in a year Kingston Value Ram style I can still RMA it. Or better yet, it won't hose in a year.

Thanks for your answers, I always know I can count on the OCers forums to make an educated buying decision!

-Jeff

Price good sir, price.

If you can find low priced stuff at higher speeds that meets my criteria I have no objections.

-Jeff

Back