• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston hyperx pc3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Well I want 1024mb of memory so I sold my corsair 2x256 3200ll and now I am looking at 2x512 kingston hyperX pc3500. I am going with kingston because I found them at a good price one stick of 512 under $100. Does this sound alright to you guys? I checked the bh-5 list at the top but most are too expensive and I can't wait for the buffalo 3700 at newegg (unless someone knows where to get them for around 100 per stick) The hyperX series are moderatly ok right? Any other deals I should see before buying these hyperXs?

1x512 MB of PC3500 Hyper X does not sound right at all...you cant even buy one stick of PC3500 from kingston...with 20% promo price...for that...

Just curious...where did you find it for that price...

BTW - cheapest I can find a 512MB stick for...from a trusted site...is zipzoomfly.com (form. googlegear.com)...and that is for 118.00 with free 2nd day shipping...

If you are really wanting kingston PC3500 hyper X...might check out kingstons site and them promo sales...they have all Hyper X modules on sale...

Oh yea, my local BB (best buy) has 512 Hyper X PC4000 for 120.00/per after the 10 or 20.00 rebate per stick...

Ok ok ok you beat it out of me. Its ebay. Some hyper x sticks are going for just under 100 so have my eyes on two of them. I fully know the pros and cons of buying stuff off of ebay and I am risking it. I want to get two sticks. So know anyplace that has 2 for them for around 200 together?. $(264 at zipzoomfly is a little steap) (why did they change there name anyways?)

wannaoc said:
Go for Buffalo 3700. Its 99.00 a stick and is much safer than some ebay scammer...Oops there see now you made me say it. :D

I'v never fallen for a scam before and I'v been ebaying for years. You just have to think and act smart when ebaying.

Anyways where can you get the buffalo from? I need that ram to ship by monday because I don't have any atm.

My HyperX pc3500 is great, exept it won't run on the 1:1 ratio overclocked. I do have tight timings tho at 5:4 ratio(2-2-2-5). It also allows me to o/c pretty high with those timings. If you get it on ebay, just make sure it is a good seller.

Are the brands and versions listed in bh-5 sticky the only sticks that have bh-5? How about OCZ or corsair? or elixer :D :D :D

Elixor is a semi-conductor company. They make their own chips. Usually found in low-cost generic memory.

BH-5 chips can be found in most older memory (from early 2003) but those listed are the only ones known to be still shipping with BH-5 chips. All the major brands (Corsair, most Kingston, and OCZ) are shipping with CH-5 memory.

Oops. I noticed that the hyperX isn't on the list of bh-5 only the 3000 and 3200 versions. Could the 3500 versions possibly be bh-5? cheba are yours bh-5? I was just kidding about the elixer....

There isn't a way to find out of mine are bh-5. It doesn't matter to me anyways because it is doing good for me.

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
What's wrong with your PC3000?

I've heard only of good expiriences with HyperX3000 (BH-5) and AMD rigs.

i've heard and experienced only bad things... i've heard that these sticks and nforce2 boards don't play well. it might be few nforce2's will run fine with them (none which i know of), but the nf7 doesn't. this nf7 will be getting kicked to the curb real soon anyways...

Proof? Examples? Reviews on the topic?

this is 1 thing i know of on the hyperx
the following is from kingstons web site FAQ's

Issue:
KAB-052303-1 My Abit NF7-S (or NF7/NF7-M/NF7 Ver2.0) system will not boot or is unstable with my Kingston DDR400 (KVR400XxxC25/xxx, KHX3200/xxx, KHX3200K2/xxx, KHX3500/xxx, or KHX3500K2/xxx) memory.

Resolution: Make sure the system has the latest BIOS loaded.

IMPORTANT: When updating your system's BIOS, be sure to read all of the system manufacturers notes and instructions before beginning the update. It is recommended that you back up your system on an independent storage device before attempting to update your BIOS.

Click here to link to the ABIT site. Note: The system may have to be underclocked to 333MHz or lower to be able to apply the BIOS flash. Once the BIOS has been flashed, then the system can be turned back up to 400MHz.

Back