• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what bus speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William.E

hello everyone, just wondering what you would say a good bus speed is nowadays, like are most people looking to hit 250? i got to about 238 after doing L12 thing from 228, feel a little dissapointed though :( was hoping for more.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

at 238 fsb youre very good and with those timings much better, i would be happy @ 238 ;) what about sandra? have you done any bench?

I'm stuck in the 217-220 range and I know its not the ram or chip bottoming out :(
You've got one of the highest FSB's I've seen with this board

Last edited:
OT: Is it easier to attain higher FSB's with dual channel activated?

Also, the highest I've ever seen anyone hit is about 247fsb and that was with the L12 mod.

-Thanks, Overcrocked.

yes i did sandra i scored 3608/3364, but that was on my rev 1.2 board at 238fsb cas 6.3.3.2, thats why i was hoping for better with rev 2.0, ive heard 250 fsb a lot reading posts on threads like the one about the L12 mod, so i thought youd all be looking for that mark or higher, ive been running it at 235 and it seems happy there.

thats a real nice fsb, i dont think i can get over 215 with my board, but i am a little ambivilant to change too many voltages right now

238 is a very good FSB oc, I would not be disappointed by that at all. Its much higher than the average thats for certain. Is that with cpu interface enabled or disabled?

Dissapointed LOL

I have done
vdd mod
3.3, 12, 5 volt mod's
cpu cooler on NB
sink's on mosfet and sb

Still cant break 218 no matter what I have had the board about 3 months and I cant beat 220 stable for s***.

Well I'm a total newbie but I can't get above 215FSB and still boot into winXP (no matter what VCore I use, up to 1.9V). So I stabilized at 210FSB @ 1.675V

I'm going to order a new HSF (Thermalright SLK-947U + 92mm Vantec Tornado) at the end of the week. Maybe with that slighly better cooling I can get a little more speed.

whats ur barton stepping? mine is one of the older ones and i needed over 1.8v once i went over 200 fsb

Back