• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu interface?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

Just wondering exactly what it is. I used to keep it at aggressive and and now it's grayed out since I've been messing around with the BIOS again. I just thought I would expirement with overclocking it once more for the first time in months. I don't know why it's grayed out. I even upgraded the BIOS from 1.006 to 1.007 and it didn't help. I just downloaded the 1.007 uber BIOS and will try that. BTW, if you get a kick out of bad video game translations like I do, check out the pop up message for the new BIOS:

MWSnap004.jpg

Too bad I deleted the readme's for my Liteon and LG firmwares, that was even funnier.

I noticed that too when I updated the bios for my A7N8X deluxe from 1006 to 1007. They probably did it so a higher fsb would be more attainable. Just my 2 cts. I believe I read somewhere that the cpu interface has to do with its relationship to the fsb. Kind of like memory timings. Aggressive just tightens them up. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I upgraded to 1007 BIOS and was surprised by the grayed out CPU interface as well. It seems to me that Asus has detracted from the functionality of the BIOS without telling anyone in advance. I would rather have choices than not have any. I'm thinking of flashing back to the 1006 BIOS.

Ive heard it has to do with the 1T \2T command thing that some older mobo's had as a option in the bios..

Ok, I switched BIOS'es yesterday from 1007 to 1006. I ran a benchmark before I did and the result without the aggressive cpu interface on itwas barely noticeable. I had the exact same oc'ing settings all except for the cpu interface and the score was 89.9 and 90.2 favoring version 1006. So I upgraded to 1007 because that's not worth the loss in compatibility. I also tried the Uber BIOS 1007 but with my memory I couldn't get a bit more speed than what I had with the official BIOS so it was back to the official BIOS for hopefully better stability and compatibility.

Back