• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger1 kicks_____

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jszent

I just installed 1 thermaltake Tiger n/b heatsink with fans and it kicks........... I put one on my C-7 and one on my S-7,it really made both these boards more stable. I bought them at a show for eight bucks each.Man it was worth it...........

Re: Re: Tiger1 kicks_____

Csybe said:

Meaning the default chipset hs/f Abit proides is substandard...that being the point of view of quite a few IS7 & IC7 users, including yours truely.

I think I am in the same camp as Csybe. What exactly do you mean by "more stable?" Did the tiger 1 allow you to increase your overclock a few more mhz or did it allow you to keep a higher mhz without your rig locking up or crashing.

yes correct on both accounts first it let me overclock 5 more mhzs,and it decreased my lockups at a higher fsb. Yes I do believe that the stock h/s and fan is substandard......... Do you both still have stock heatsinks on your northbridge? If you want to make your rigs more stable and get alittle more fbs scrap the stock h/s.

PLus, the fans on the original boards were noisy!.

I found some better overclokcing as well, although, initially my concern was getting that jet engine out of my case. :D

jszent said:
yes correct on both accounts first it let me overclock 5 more mhzs,and it decreased my lockups at a higher fsb. Yes I do believe that the stock h/s and fan is substandard......... Do you both still have stock heatsinks on your northbridge? If you want to make your rigs more stable and get alittle more fbs scrap the stock h/s.

Are you refering to the very first n/b hsf that came out on the IC7? Or the newer version that came out with the Max3?

I am seriously looking into purchasing the new Swiftech MCW159-R This review states that it even beats out the Microcool Northpole n/b cooler!!! This little baby is the bomb!

Back