• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One silly question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

humv

Registered
About Abit NF7-S¡Aif I have 3 memory sticks inserted, would i be run dual channel??

What is the config. to run dual channel? Is it only DIMM2+DIMM3?

I'm not sure if it would be duel channel or not, but after you turn on your computer and it posts, it will say on the screen "duel channel activated" if it is. But I don't think you can run duel channel with all 3 mem slots being used. But you will know for sure by looking at the screen during startup.

As far as installing mem, you should use DIMM 3 first, then DIMM 2, and then DIMM 1, in that order.

Feuerkampf said:
2 Sticks would run in dual channel, the other would be single channel. But it will work just fine.

that is my understanding as well, the dimms in slots 1 and 3 will be in dual channel, and the stick in slot 2 will not, but will still function in single channel.

J.

that is my understanding as well, the dimms in slots 1 and 3 will be in dual channel, and the stick in slot 2 will not, but will still function in single channel.

dont you mean slot 3 and 2? or does the dual channel configuration change with 3 dim slots.

i run in 3 and 2 and have dual channel ram?

For dual channel, it is DIMM 3 & 2. DIMM 1 is a single channel config.

Thx all man.

Back