• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A serious problem with my new OCZ PC 3500 EL 512 meg DC kit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
The problem is that this stuff isn't memtest86 stable at sub-stock speeds.

It totally dies in test # 5, with more than 5000 errors, and will not even complete a single cycle of the default memtest86 routine. I have tested it at 208 MHz sync, at 200 MHz sync, and at 217 MHz out of sync and it has errors both times at stock timings and VDIMM.

What the heck is going on? This memory is brand new, and is supposed to be "defect free" tested by OCZ. Note that it can run any test but test #5 for ever on loop @ the same speeds.

I'm really dissapointed with this. I feel angry, and betrayed.

Sorry I'm posting such angry and confrontational garbage - you can tell I'm quite upset about this.

EDIT: cleaned the thread up after I calmed down.

Does anyone have any suggestions for any possible soloutions to this problem besides RMAing my memory? I already emailed OCZ technology, and very politely explained the situation (leaving out my feelings of anger towards them of course!).

Anyone else had similar problems with this RAM?

Last edited:
Thank you Sean. I have PMed you, because my emails to the supplied adress get returned to me with a "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" tag.

I appreciate your correspondance, and apologize for my earlier words.

Back