• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying memory Buffalo or Mushkin Level 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
I'm looking for some memory that would alow me to get a high FBS. I have NF7-S 2.0 that has the max 2.9v with out doing the v mod. From what I've read the Buffola PC3700 needs 3.2v to hit 225FBS and Mushkin L2 can hit 230 with 2.9v? Do I have this right and I can get 2x256MB of the Mushkin for 160? Does that sound right? So if you had your choice which one would you go with?

They both use the same DDR-SDRAM chips (Winbond BH-5 model). They use differant PCB's, but the performance hit by PCB's matters little compared to the performance by the memory chips themselves. Results will differ no matter what you buy, and no memory will promise you anything over stock rating. Therefore there is no "Buffalo will do this @ this Volts" and "Mushkin will do this @ this Volts". Whatever you buy depends on your buying preferance and the availability on the open market (Buffalo PC3700 being possibly ending).

MUSHKIN all the way!!!!!!!1 check out article in november issue of this year on page 68 they test five and corsair barley squeadked by the big B failed.

bareboness69- bah. sorry i don't trust their overclocking abilities after they could only get a 400Mhz overclock using a C stepping p4. They said 3.5Ghz was only possible using liquid nitrogen or an on die refrigeration system.

Back