• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Virtex

Registered
Is $200 (brand new) a good price for Kingston HyperX 2x512 PC3200 and will I be able to push it very hard (as in OC it)?

I own Hyper X, and from my experiences, it likes a little extra voltage to run at agressive timings. For me, it has been good RAM. If you are desiring the best, buy some Muskin Level 2 or Corsair XS.

It's a great price... You'll pay 125$ each or so from newegg

Make sure it's 3200 not 3200A 2-2-2 not 2-3-2

Revision A01 is better than A00

A01 is freaking monstrous
A00 is decent, but needs alot of volts.

like lithan said, make sure its the 3200 non-A, as that tends to have the Winbond BH-5 chips that are stellar overclockers. The A version comes with the CH-5, hence it is usually priced lower. If that stuff is BH-5 for $200, thats a grat deal

Where would I check on the stick its self to find out if it is a or non-a?

The manufacturers number will be something like KHX3200A if it were the A version, and KHX3200 for non-A. Also if your timings are 2-3-2-6 then its A or CH5 chips, and if its 2-2-2-6 then its BH5 non-A. Pretty simple eh?

So if its (a) I got ripped off or it just will not overclock as well as the non-a?

So if its (a) I got ripped off or it just will not overclock as well as the non-a?

The A isnt that bad, but it uses CH5 chips, which usually run at looser timings than comparable BH5 chips. $200 for 1GB of DDR400 RAM is still a fantastic deal.

mushkin the only way to go

only if you wanna pay an arm and a leg for it :)

Back