• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with mobo chosing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdperson

I'm building a budget computer for my aunt and the mobo i have in mind is the KD7 range.

I just want to know what the difference between the KD7 and the KD7-A is.

If anyone can clarify this for me i would be very happy.

KD7 = KT400 Chipset
KD7A = KT400A Chipset

The only real diff about the 2 chipsets is that the KT400A will allow asynchronous running of the memory when using the 5:2:1 option while the KT400 will only allow it on the 4:2:1 option so;

KT400
  • 133:166
  • 133:200
KT400A
  • 133:166
  • 133:200
  • 166:200
When it comes to the board features both have extreme voltage options with a max VCore of 2.325V but the older KD7 has higher VMem of 3.25V while the KD7A has a max of 2.90V. If she isnt going to overclock there are other budget boards that will save her money, ECS is a reliable budget board company with comparable features like USB2 & so on.

I would get a cheaper board if I could But there arent many places in south africa to by good budget boards. also i get my pc parts from a dealer so its cheaper than buying it in the shops and they dont have a big motherboard range. Importing a board is not an option coz it will cost to much to ship.

But thanks for you help.

Check with your supplier for ECS, ABIT's low end board manufacturer. Usually the distributors are required to carry a full range of ABIT boards which includes their budget series of ECS. I don't live in the US either so I understand how it is to have limited choices.

Back