• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V600 Overclocking/Max Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primetime2

Registered
I would like to know the Max stable fsb people are getting with this board while being stable? Or is their any real reason to push the fsb on this board at all?

What setting's were made in bios to achieve this? And which bios rev seems beter if it makes a differance?

Are you gettings any higher benchmarks or frame rates? (sandra, pcmark, 3dmark) or does it seem more responsive or faster in day to day real life using?

Wow seems like your board is better than mine.
My A7V600 gives me lost of ****.

Im running my XP 2400+ (AIUHB) at 2400MHZ(200x12) 1.85v and CoolerMaster Aero7+.

But I traded an a7N8X-X for this one and this one is not as stable.

I could run 200x12*2400Mhz Fine no hickups and GF ti4800 @ 310/637 mhz and it was fine.

but this mobo hangs alot, I played alot with the thing but TELL ME THIS!!
Why when I overclock and say save and exit bios it some times works other times it needs to be put off.After power on it runs at your settings but any reset or restart and it wont post. this is realy anoying.Im runnig bios 1005. whats 1006? and where you get it?

I think the problem lies at the AGP and those fastwrites and UC/USWC settings. I think that auto voltage damaged my card because the back of the chip GETS HOT.

I managed to Overclock to 12.5x200*2500mhz and it gets in windows but hangs when cpu temp reaches 57degrees. Idles at 54 degrees.(its summer hear mobo temp is 31degrees)

I dont know if its the temp sensors or what but this board seems to run the cpu alot warmer somehow?

My main plan was 2500mhz 1.95v,but my nforce board could only do 1.85 and would not go into windows.
So with the new a7v600 I set it up and it runs but any load under windows and it hangs.

I DL the latest hyperion 4.49 drivers and updated the GPU bios and it seems more stable now* I can actually run 3dmark2003 once and get a score 1790 no cpu overclock.

But that Bios overclock wont post thing realy ****es me off. PLZ HELP

i will post some 3dmark 2002 se and 2003 and sisandra scores as soon as I get some stability with OC and Graphics card.

This realy sucks because I know its the motherboard because the a7n8x-x did not Hang even 1once !! I just set it and it ran and by the looks of some membenches the single channel nforce was faster than this kt600

hold's its own

SiSoftware Sandra

Int Buff aEMMX/aSSE (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 2878MB/s
Scaling : 2887MB/s
Addition : 2853MB/s
Triad : 2840MB/s
Data Item Size : 8-bytes
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 90% (estimated)

Float Buff aEMMX/aSSE (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment : 2891MB/s
Scaling : 2703MB/s
Addition : 2538MB/s
Triad : 2523MB/s
Data Item Size : 8-bytes
Buffering Used : Yes
Offset Displacement Used : Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency : 83% (estimated)

Test Status
Memory Used by Test : 256MB
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
SMT Test : No
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : No

Chipset 1
Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 200MHz (400MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Maximum Bus Bandwidth : 3200MB/s (estimated)

Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
Bank 0 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-2-2-6CL 1CMD
Bank 1 : 256MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-2-2-6CL 1CMD
Bank Interleave : 4-way
Speed : 2x 200MHz (400MHz data rate)
Width : 64-bit
Maximum Memory Bus Bandwidth : 3200MB/s (estimated)

Features
MMX Technology : Yes
SSE Technology : Yes
SSE2 Technology : No
SSE3 Technology : No
EMMX - Extended MMX Technology : Yes
HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : No

Performance Tips
Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life' performance.
Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same version!
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

SiSoftware Sandra

Test Status
Parallel Test Execution : No
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
SMT Test : No
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : No
Number of Runs : 64000 / 640

Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2700+
Speed : 2.30GHz
Model Number : 2700 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR3335 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 256kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back

Chipset 1
Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 200MHz (400MHz data rate)

Features
SSE2 Technology : No
SSE3 Technology : No
HTT - Hyper-Threading Technology : No

Performance Tips
Notice 5008 : To change benchmarks, click Options.
Notice 5004 : Synthetic benchmark. May not tally with 'real-life' performance.
Notice 5006 : Only compare the results with ones obtained using the same version!
Tip 2 : Double-click tip or press Enter while a tip is selected for more information about the tip.

here's the deal

mine has the hanging problem just like yours, and i have posted with a few other peolpe with the same problems. yes when i restart 99% it hangs, or when exiting bios about 80% time.

other than that its 100% stable and fast. no complaints from me.

the problem seems to of affected a certain percentage of us, but not everyone. a bios update could or may fix it for us, only time will tell, but im not holding my breath.

It only seems to happen at 200 mhz fsb or above with is the only setting i want to run at in the first place.

for the time being i will live with the restart/bios exit issues and maby wait for some newer rev's make it to the stores before rma'ing it if i decide to return it at all.

btw

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/down...0&l3_id=25&m_id=1&f_name=1006-004.zip~zaqwedc

Last edited:
This Motherboard is getting to me.

2400mhz (200x12) is running unstable now, but it seems to be the graphics card gfti4800. This is so strange as it has never given me problems in my other 2 motherboards.

Im gona have a look to c what my rev of the mobo are.

I remeber with the nforce single channel I did reach 3005 MB/s in the bufferd bench. pitty that even with 1T command the kt600 lacks.

But the sound card and Lan card is very much top notch. That 3com Lan is SICK with all the settings.I know the latency on 3com is good so yea :)

I was at a freaking lan and played 40 Hours straight at 2400mhz and no problem with nforce, DAMM THIS A7V600, I thought this extra voltage jumper was going to give me good Oveclocking:(

And yes since I have 512 MB 400mhz ddr hynix crap 3-3-3-8 I would very much like to run 200mhz FSB.

Plz send a Tech complaint about this bios overclock post problem!!Everyone!!! Here is a link :
http://www.asusmall.com.tw/forms/complaint_TSD.asp

cpu temp? this board seems to give a higher voltage than what its says in hardware moniter so that has a lot to do with your high temps.what is your vcore set at?

i think you should test out the newest beta bios, it works beter for me. more stable anyway.

wouldnt it be a wise to lower your multiplier for at least a while until you get your syatem stable so at least you could rule out the cpu giving any trouble?

for me it was finding just the right ram timings and bios settings with the newest beta bios thats giving me peformance with stabality.

btw i filled out the asus form

Im running vcore 1.85V (bios 1.7v) with the overvolt enabled because it reads 1.85 instead of 1.82 on the normal setting.That reading being below the actuall makes sense.

Anyway its a bit more stable now that I gut my powersupply a new hole in the case and moved it up from motherboard and installed two 8 cm fans where the powersupply was and made an kelloge cornflakes box into an nice air tunnel to suck hot air away from my heatsink. Seems to work supper 2400mhz runs 100% stable at 47(was 57-60) degrees MAX load for now. but my case is kinda noisy now >_< .the air comming out is POMP!

GEESH IM JUST SO ****ED NOW. my father works with pc repairs so naturally whe have alot of parts around.I wanted to put fan on back of my Graphics card to cool the back of chip. And the Stupid fan I had was faulty *which I did not know* and guess how lucky I am ?

I ****ING BLEW 2 of the 3 Onboard Fan power connectors !!! chassis and power . Cpu socket still works though. So ****ed at that and YES I did smash that peace of crap fan to pieces but it didnt help my anger much.

so be warned dont blow 1 fan power con cause they are obviously connected and you will blow the other aswell.Its a pain in the brain!

I realy want to run 200mhz fsb to give me more memory bandwith so lowering the Multipliers is not my kinda option. But its stable now so :)
I have updated the bios thx, feels pretty much the same to me.

And I have pc board rev 1.00 NOOOOOOOOOOO ! arg I so want that OC wont post thing gone!

Asus site realy ****es me off, all their works seems to go into the a7n8x series motherboard.

X_x im out

Back