• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7/IC7-G Optimal GAT Setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soundster

Need an expert GAT setting user's opinion here.

We all know to disable the last two of the five, but about the first three; there's an user that changed the second and third GAT setting to normal, and 5 clocks and OCed from 250FSB/3:2 to 278FSB/5:4 (Not sure if that was the only factor) see thread:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236058

Is there an optimal GAT setting like memory timing (2:2:2:5)?

Which is faster? F1 or Street Racer?

I'm not quit understanding the GAT stuff...I have mine at default right now and from what I have been reading, I should have the last 2 Disable? Right...willl I see an actually noticable gain in performance if I go and change these settings?

any help would be great...

Disabling the last two GAT settings usually will allow you to play with more other settings. One might be able to use turbo,Street Racer, F1 etc. It might have an impac on RAM timing too (allowing more agressive timing) Performance improvement is expected but not tremendous, I believe. But if you are a Nutty OCer (most of us here are) then, you will do just about everything to squeez out that last couple of ounce of performance out of your machine.

I would not say it is the most stable setting...

I've played with them and tried all of them.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234756&pagenumber=2
When setting the second one to normal my system didn't even post and with the third one set to anything lower than 5 gave me display errors and lockup after verifying DMI. 5 gave me best performance but was also on the edge...

I hope I'll be able to do some extended testing with BH-5 memories.

For troublefree operation I recommend auto-auto-auto-dis-dis.
Then lowering them...

crotale said:
I would not say it is the most stable setting...

I've played with them and tried all of them.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234756&pagenumber=2
When setting the second one to normal my system didn't even post and with the third one set to anything lower than 5 gave me display errors and lockup after verifying DMI. 5 gave me best performance but was also on the edge...

I hope I'll be able to do some extended testing with BH-5 memories.

For troublefree operation I recommend auto-auto-auto-dis-dis.
Then lowering them...

Thanks Cortale! Please, Please keep me updated on your latest findings!!

Perre said:
auto-normal-5clocks-disabled-disabled is in my experience the most stable settings.

Note my words... as I said in my experience and clearly didn't say that it in general was the most stable settings.

These settings is pretty much relative due to what kind of setup you have. What is pretty much the general opinion about these settings is that the last two ones should remain disabled.

I thought you meant forum experience, as reading other post and so on...

Not to flame ;) but I wouldn't say thats relative either... 5 clocks is less (more tight) than 11, regardless of equipment, but if the memory can handle it, it sure is faster.

Everything is relative! It's just a matter of opinon :p

Me and crotale know eachother IRL so we will settle this elsewere hehe

Back