• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipset cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
After I volt mod my chipset how much cooling will be required for my northbridge, and southbridge to run safely?

Should I put a waterblock on my NBridge, and an active heatsink on my southbridge? Is the stock cooling sufficient?

I would like some advice from those who cool their vol modded chipset so I can compare results and make a decision before buying/making chipset cooling soloutions.

Thanks!

i havent volt modded my chipset, yet, due to the fact i'm at 222 right now, but i might

as far as cooling, i have the swiftech MCX159A on my northbridge and put the stock northbridge heatsink on the southbridge w/ as-ta, and a TT volcano 10+ fan on the s/b heatsink

my mobo temps don't go more than 1c over ambient whereas before they would go up to 8-9c over ambient, and no sound static even w/ the high fsb

Back