• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB Probs with GA7VAX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blake2k

hi !
i got a problem with my ga7vax.
everytime i switch the jumper to fsb 166 and the multiplier to 10x the pc doesnt boot :/

my system
GA7VAX Rev 1.1 Bios F12
Athlon XP 2000+ T-Bred B
2x Infineon 256MB DDR PC2700
GeForce FX 5900Ultra

IF it's like my VAXP then with the 133 set processors i had to fidle around a bit to find a multi that would work with 166.. if 10 dosent work.. then try 10.5 or higher .. one of them should work unless you require a mod to unlock the proc itself.

I recently upgraded my memory and when I had the PC2100 RAM I had the FSB set at 133 because with that quality of RAM it couldnt go much higher than 140. With the new RAM i'd like to raise the FSB to higher than 166 (with my processor is a 266 and with the right RAM I would like to think 166 is possible). I can't quite figure out how to get the FSB to go that higher, which switches to I need to change? I have the second revision with the SW1 switch.

_tiki

Back