• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 1gb set of ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

gotta find me a christmas present from the g-ma so i was thinkin about a REAL good 2x512mb(1gb total) set of ram...doesen't have to be the fastest in the world but it should overclock well and run well with my 2500+barton on my in-building process...nothing more than about 225 though, don't wanna make her "break the bank" even if she does have plenty of money...also my dad needs a set in his new computer, what is a good set, i was thinking pc2700 or maybe pc3000, it needs to be less than 175 or 150 or so...also, could someone explain what all this 2-2-2-6 2.5 stuff is....i know the 2.5 is the voltage but what are all those other readings and what does changing them do?

mushkin the only way to go own a pair. GO out and look or buy your self the november issue of MaximumPc,aricle on page 68+ found a site did about the same thing but mushkin came in first, corsair came in third as it did in this article barley squaked by! MMMMMMMMMMMM i guess their not so bad after all *** ever one clames to be.mushkin owned these before article came out,kicked a++ on aany other memorry i owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bareboness... you seem to be an avid supporter of mushkin... -_-. The performance you'll get from mushkin is good, and their customer support is said to be excellent, but considering price to performance ratio, there are better options. You wont find 2x512 of mushkin level II ram (the good stuff) for less than 175. I, like steven 4563 recommend buffalo ram, but in your case (since youre running amd), the pc3700 would probably be the best option for you (bh5 chips..). Even @ newegg however, you cant find them for less than 224 (shipped w/ tax and everything). If you want some really good ram @ the price you listed, just go for 2x256. Better to get good ram, albeit less, than crappy stuff just to get the extra gig. Of course, some people here may have better suggestions than me..

2x512 level II from newegg $289

frog,

not quite true, checkout newegg they have 2x512MB level II for $289 - matched pair (as of 10-21-2003) =)

i want the gig, i don't need pc3200 just 333mhz or more....pc3000 was about right for what i do so i was looking more for that...any suggestions...and if the buffalo is best i might try and scrounge up a lil more cash to grab that

for a budget kingston is the way to go ,if u can spend money mushkin all the way u get what u pay for and if u pay for buffalo it fails if u pay for corsair it barley squeaked bycheck out article on page 68 in MAXimum pc, 5 memory s put to test u ll be surprised i also found a web site that did a test on 5(witch im trying to find now in my favorites) that did a test and the memory that every body brags about didn t faair to well on that test neither. Pc4000.

Back