• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7VT600L causing problems with game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gimps

I have a new PC with a Gigabyte motherboard and I'm running onboard AC97 sound off of it. I am having problems when playing Jedi Outcast with some freezing issues and it was suggested that the AC97 drivers may be the cause?
Is it true that this could be a possibility and if so could someone post a link to the latest drivers so I can update them?

The board is a GA-7VT600L which uses a VIA KT600 chipset. It runs a 2600 Barton CPU and I am using a GFX 5200 128mb card. There are also 512mb of PC3200 Kingston DDR. This system should have plenty of power to run Jedi Outcast so I'm left with singling out driver or software problems as the cause of the freezing.

My theory as to the lock-ups has to do with the onboard LAN since the freezes only occurred during multiplayer. This really didn't add up though because playing RTCW in multi resulted in no problems and was completely perfect.

Any ideas on causes or solutions would be very much appreciated though, and links to the latest drivers if you have them!

I'm not sure where to get the drivers (maybe giga-byte.com?), but try flashing your bios. I have this same board, and after flashing my bios to the latest version, things rea running alot smoother with no lock ups.

Back