• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Bios 1007?? What Does it Fix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat

I have had nothing but continious problems with this board. I am on my third board in two months.

My computer 20% of the time post stating that memory failed. At time, I have to reset the bios as it locks to the Asus screen & won't load into windows. I don't even try to get above 2000.

I just remove my two pieces of 256 Twin memory & am running on one 512 as I type.

Will this new bios help solve my problems?

Pat

The 1007 will update the SATA ROM to 4.2.15 and improve system stability with Hynix and PSC memory modules.

You are having problems with memory. Please check to make sure you are using one stick of ram in slot one or two and push doen hard until you hear it seat (like a click sound) on both ends of module. Then go into bios and change memory settings to auto and optimum for system. Make sure your CPU FSB matches. Yhis should clear the memory error. If you still have this problem, I think you memory modules have an issue, not your board.

What happened to your other 2 boards? Were they Asus A7N8X deluxe rev2.0 as well? I've had nothing but problems with mine as well. Its ok at 200 fsb, but above 202 it becomes unstable. It usually won't post, then system failed memory error. I try to clear the cmos, but the next boot the fans come on and that is it.
It has happened twice.

All three are version 2.0 Deluxe M/B. The first one had bios problems & would not boot at times. I had the board over 30 days so the internet company would not replace it unless they RMA it to Asus. I then ordered another replacement board & installed it. It would not boot. I took it to my local computer fix it store & they confirmed that the M/B was DOA. I then returned this one for a credit & ordered another one.

The third board arrived & it booted, but could not clock past 185 FSB. The M/B would state memory checked failed. I played with this board & it could not get it to boot past 185 FSB. I thought that it might be the CPU so I ordered another one. I then replaced my Mushkin Black Level Two 3200 with their 3500 Black Level Two & it works like a charm.

I now have an extra Barton 2500 & the RMA M/B back from Asus.

This board is great when it is correct, but a bit to touchy for this old country boy.

Pat:)

Back