• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long beep, two short beeps = what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

I've got no video on my Biostar mobo, despite switching video cards. I get a long beep followed by two short beeps at startup. What's going on? Is my AGP slot dead? I'm just using this crappy old Biostar mobo with a 900Mhz Duron until my new mobo arrives for my 2500+ Barton, but I'd like to get it running nonetheless.

And what if I've already tried two different video cards? I borrowed my friend's GF4 MX card just to see if it was my video card and the it was the same deal. Is my AGP slot gone?

Yep, it'd be the AGP slot. Try and get a PCI vid card to test the video and see if the beeping stops. If you don't have one, you might be able to check out the for sale section and see if anyone is selling an old one for cheap. I have an old PCI trident card that I use just for cases like your's.

Well, I do have an old Voodoo 2 card laying around somewhere, but my concern is, is the AGP slot gone? Or is it just a bios problem. I can't exactly use it for gaming without a resonably modern video card. A PCI isn't going to cut it for Max Payne 2.

Back