• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x-dx max overclock achieved?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smirabi

a7n8x-dx rev 1.04 max overclock achieved?

i've got a a7n8x deluxe, revision 1.04, and i know this is not the best board to overclock with, but i've got a stable configuration at 2.2Ghz (actually 2.192, so i'm fudging by 8Mhz) and i'm wondering...

what have others with this revision been capable of, and how did you do it? i'm just wondering how much i can expect to get out of the board and if it might eventually be worth it to upgrade to a rev 2.x

your help is much appreciated

Last edited:
ehem, read my sig.

i've been up to 2.553, but couldn't stable it and temps were getting up there

i've done the vcore volt mod btw, and it's easy, really easy if you use smd grabbers instead of glue or soldering

EDIT: in that previous link posted by hangten, the guy is using a 1.04 revision a7n8x deluxe, where i use the 2.0

Last edited:
I'm on a revision 2.0 board, and I am running at 2500 MHz prime stable 24/7. I have done the Vcore mod as well (I soldered mine though :D), and it *is* pretty easy to do. I have some serious FSB wall issues with my board, and cannot get above 2500 MHz due to them.

I plan to chipset mod soon, and suspect I can run @ 2600 MHz stable with my water given some more chipset voltage. With the rev 1.04 board, you may have some difficulty getting your FSB up to 200. If you do the Chipset volt mod this problem should be eliminated. I have a friend running his 1.04 @ 2300 MHz (200 X 11.5) with no issues, and no chipset voltage mod either. The board needs some "help" in the form of volt mods, but otherwise is a great overclocker. Barring BIOS corruption issues of course (I have had ~ 20 corruptions).

guy guy guy! please! list your CPU type too. when come to overclock and u just give a number is not enough. U will comfuse people with it. Different type of CPU have different resolve. For ex: TB's cpu can overclock higher number than Barton's cpu because Barton got bigger L2 cach. That will limit the barton to go higher. But when come to benchmark test.. Barton will out preformce the TB. I was so comfuse when I first learn how to overclock. I look at other people number and compare with mine. I thought how the hell he got that high. After all the reseach and hand on, I know now :D . So, next time when u reply a post. Please be clear what u got and said damn u lucky u got that high. ;) Happy overclock till u fly it... !!!!!!!!!!:D

Back