• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picking RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, to better help you, i think we're gonna need some more info on your setup? Are we talking about AMD or Intel? SDRAM, RDRAM, or DDR? How much RAM do you have now and how much more do you want? How much are you willing to spend? Answer these and I think we can better help you out :)

Oh my bad ;) , Intel, SDRAM, have 512 in there now and another 128 on my Vcard, how much more? well how much would have a noticable affect on my comp? Cheaper the better, but if i have to spend the money then ill have to spend the money ;)

Well, seeing that you have SDRAM, you should really take a look at upgrading to DDR SDRAM. Its gonna require a DDR-compatible motherboard as well. Heck, while youre at it ya might want to look into picking up a 2.4C.

As for recommendations, another 512 stick wouldnt hurt, and it will increase your performance in memory intensive apps and games.

Here's a link to PC133 SDRAM

And if your intersted in a new setup....
Pentium4 2.4C
An 865-875 Intel chipset motherboard (The Abit or ASUS boards have displayed great results)
2 x Sticks DDR RAM for Dual Channel Operation (Buffalo 3700 with the BH5 modules is a great selection, Ive also heard good things about ADATA PC4000)

Hope this helps :)

I have some Kingston Hyper X 3000 that was a great deal. $82 for a 512mb stick. I can't complain. Its fast and worth all I paid for it. Hits 215mhz 2-2-2-5 1T its only rated at 183 2-2-2-6

Back