• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any mem work better with NF7-S v2 then others?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skinart

So does the NF7-S prefer one brand of ram over others? What are all you guyz useing with these bords?

I have some corsair atm but want to upgrade from 256 to 512 and wanna know what my best bet is :)

I heard that buffalo stuff works well, anyone got good results with a stick on these bords?

Have a good one all

Chad

Last edited:
i got a 'bad' stick of corair that won't go 2mhz over it's rated speed...

geil has bee great to me so far, i just bought another 512mb stick of golden dragon, stupidly enough i sold the ram you see in my sig :/

I installed my Corsair, no problems. I haven't overclocked it or changed the memory timings yet, because I finished building my computer late last night and was too lazy to do anything but admire it as my computer booted for the first time :D

So what you are all saying is, as long as you spend the money and get some good stuff, they are all gunna perform about the same?

Im really looking toward this Buffalo 3700, sounds like it works nice and is nice and cheep too, $99 for a 512 stick

Why do you think the Buffalo wont perform that well Overcrocked?

Do you know somthing that you aint tellin us? lol

Let me know champ!

Chad

sup BigSmokkeyyyyyyyyyyy!

Im in exact same boat! Corsair or Buffalo :)

You carnt go rong with the Corsair but it would be nice if you could get just as good ram for a fraction of the price :)

Chad

Between Buffalo and Corsair, I'd say that you're likely to get a higher FSB with CorsairXMS than with Buffalo with BH5 chips. But I garauntee you'll get at least 210fsb with either. Likely the CorsairXMS will take you farther though. You'll still be able to get 2.4ghz overclocks with either. Although, probably with a lower FSB with the Buff stuff, and whether you have good enough cooling is of course an important factor.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
I know the key factor with ram is these BH5 chips, but what does the bigger brand names have that give them that slight edge over the others? Its not just the fancy heat spreader is it?

Cooling is no problem here the 6000 btu compressor takes care of all the heat this thing will produce!

Chad

Ok, good you got some awesome cooling. No, the average set of copper heatsinks are probably like $10USD. It's superior architecture plain and simple, more work goes into it the better it works. The Buff though, and some other memory has BH5 ramchips which are faster than the average ch5 chips on most ram. Though from reading these boards over the last few months the best gains I've seen are from Twinmos, OCZ, and Corsair. Which is why I bought OCZ, and my research didn't stear me wrong. So it looks to me like superior architecture[more expensive] is more important than BH5 chips.

I was gonna get some 3700 Twinmos in the first place but it was from some place in California, and so I'd have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping. The OCZ I was looking at was like $240 everywhere I looked[btw this is Candian Money so the prices may seem high to you] but I managed to find a Canadian place that had it for 180, so I jumped on that like a Rosie O'Donnel jumps on a pack of Ho-Hos.

Edit: Nevermind, Skinart, you are Canadian.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
Oh yea, OCZ and Corsair also have lifetime warranties. I'm talking 9999months parts/9999month labour. Your granchildren will be inhereting this stuff.

As for getting a cheap NF7-S, I think I paid $175 for mine. My computer guy knew a good local place here in Kitchener. So I would guess that around 175 is a good price for an NF7-S. I don't know where to look. Lots of sites have em. Exacaliburpc in the states have em and they ship to Canada. I'll have to check around for prices.

-Overcrocked

Back