• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT3 Utra2: PCI/AGP bus and Sandra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

risk_reversal

Registered
I wonder if someone can help me with the following.
I have an MSI KT3 Ultra2 board and recently ugraded my CPU to an XP2600 (166) T'Bred. I ran SSandra and it show the FSB as 167 but it is showing the PCI bus speed as 42 and the AGP as 84. Because I run the old 5.5 bios all I did when I changed the CPU was to change the FSB speed in the bios to 166. I understand that this board has the 1/5 divider which kicks in at the 152 ish mark to readjust all bus speeds accordingly (but according to Sandra results no divider exists).
So my question: is Ssandra incorrect in it's read out and are my PCI/AGP in sync or not? Is there anything else apart from Sandra that will give me the correct bus speeds.
Many thanks for any info you could give me.

Think I may have found out the answer to my question.
Someone in the AMD forums has suggested that Sandra doesn't read the PCI bus speed, it reads the FSB and then calculates the PCI/AGP speed. Is this what Sandra does? Would updating to latest version help?

i dont think evan the latest gets it right

the board has a 1/5 divider that kicks in at 152 fsb,below that it uses 1/4 and so does sandra in its calculations,at 166 fsb your pci and agp are spot on

Cheers wonkanoby. You're the man.
An I correct in saying that the KT3 Ultra2 will only go up to a 1/5 divider and cannot do 1/6? apologies if this constitutes a new thread....

Back