• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy V-data (A-data) 6ns

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
I've been running this stick for awhile at 230 and 220 7-3-3-2.5 with 2.8 or 2.9v.

I got a second stick of it which can't even compair... it wont even post at 220 cas 2.5. But while trying to get something working out with the pair of them, I thought I had killed the good one. So I gave it the standard Alcohol bath.... and after a few attempts and the removal of what I figure wasthermal tape remnants, I got it working again. So I said what the hell... let's see what it can do. I got it working at 250mhz 1:1 7-3-3-2.5 Stable on my IS7 with 2.99v minimum.

250mhz at stock timings... not bad for 166mhz ram.

I've got some 4ns V-Data. It does "only" 228 with relatively tight timings. Many others don't do nearly as well.

4ns abhores tight timings. It barely breaks 166 cas 2.0 and 230 cas 2.5 for me... but I can't even max it out at 8-4-4-3... my cpu runs out of juice first. My other 6ns is similar... works better at 3, worse at 2.5 than this one. I think A-data specifically designs their pcbs in a way that caters to loose timings... which emphasises the chips liking of them.

Oh my Jesus, Lithan that's awesom.
what model is it btw?
and let me get it strait: 1 stick could do 230 bla bla and 1 couldn't, after the stuff you pulled out for them did it change? I mean what about the bad stick could it do same as the good one or not? I couldn't figure it out.

Suma.

Lithan said:
I've been running this stick for awhile at 230 and 220 7-3-3-2.5 with 2.8 or 2.9v.

I got a second stick of it which can't even compair... it wont even post at 220 cas 2.5. But while trying to get something working out with the pair of them, I thought I had killed the good one. So I gave it the standard Alcohol bath.... and after a few attempts and the removal of what I figure wasthermal tape remnants, I got it working again. So I said what the hell... let's see what it can do. I got it working at 250mhz 1:1 7-3-3-2.5 Stable on my IS7 with 2.99v minimum.

250mhz at stock timings... not bad for 166mhz ram.

VData40252-40301%20top.JPG

v-data pc2700 6ns, 40253 & 40301 chips, 2-5-2-2 on abit IT7, 3.15v, 510mhz :D

Wow... I can't get 2-2 ras cas and precharge to save my life.

The old stick could do 230. New stick came. Testing Dual channel I thought I killed the old stick. I fixed it. I tested it further. Old stick did 250. New stick still sucks.

Back