• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2700 or 3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richardwalker73

I am in the unenviable position of buying some new ram as one of my old sticks went pop. I have an A7V333 mbo and have one stick of 2700 Samsung ram left, after the generic ram went bye bye.
My question is, since the two are priced so closely should I get 3200 ( even though its faster than my mobo will allow) or sohuld I get 2700? I am getting 512 as I have heard of the problems and pitfalls of mixing ram so i figure balls to it I will just get a 512 and be done with it.
Will the new ram (3200) cause problems or am I best staying with a 512 stick of 2700 ram?

the 3200 shouldnt give you any problems. itll just give you some headroom in case you decide to overclock

Crucial is a very good memory brand :D

3200 won't cause problems, but unless you also replace your Samgung PC2700 it's not going to improve your system either. Your RAM only runs as fast as the weakest link (your 2700 Samsung), just go for the 2700 if you don't plan on also upgrading again anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back