• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200 or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigSmokey

Im building a PC now and Im getting a MoBo that supports 400, an AMD 2500, and I plan to overclock it....my heat situation is currently unknown but I dont think I will have the coolest box on the planet...

Should I spend the extra to get the 3200 or is it a waste of my money?

If there is a post about this already, please link it...I thought I already read about this, but I cant seem to find it (it is bed time after all)

Whats the deal with the 400 RAM...I know Im dumb on this matter, so can someone explain how the MoBo RAM and Chip work in unison with the 400? Is the 2500 Barton good enough for the 400 if I OC it using air cooling...I dont know what my heat situation will be but I dont have the best heat dissipating rig.

Does the vid card fall into this equasion also? Im shopping for one of those also.

well..... the little that i know leads me to say that faster ram = faster rig (i dont know how i do it, folks... i just do. :D )

i would say get 2 x 256 sticks of pc3200 (ddr400) and run it in dual channel... if youre only using air then a really high oc is prolly not an option... thus you might be able to run your memory at 1:1.

if anyone else disagrees with me they're prolly right, so listen to them b4 me :D

It doesn't have to be OCed, you could use higher FSB and lower multiplier, that way you get same CPU speed but higher performance due to the higher FSB

Back