• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Bios Chip...UGGGGH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

Well, it finally happen. Did a little overclocking and bang, I heard a funny noise during reboot and now I can't post. All fans spin, but no beep and blank screen. I think the Bios Chip is gone and I did reset cmos. Wrote a email to assus to see if they can give me another chip with Bios already flash.

I now someone who has equipment to flash Bios chips. Can I reuse the bios chip and have him reload a copy of the Bios from Asus web site? Will this work?

If your friend has the right equipment, he should be able to reflash your chip for you. But you need to be careful. You should really have a chip puller to remove the BIOS I.C. without damaging it.

Make sure and get the latest BIOS file from Asus for your motherboard. Hopefully it will be more resistant to corruption.

Back