• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quail

Well im headin out for some new Memory in a few days and im wondering what's the best for my buck. Right now i have (2) DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 256 Mb chips. What would u suggest?

Ummmm how about 2x256mb sticks of anything higher them PC2100!!!! Damn, I am soo smart.

Ok, for real...when Newegg gets the Buffalo PC3700 get that. Only $99 for a stick of 512. BUT, there are rumors that when it comes back in stock it might have CH-5 instead of BH-5 on it...in that case...get....I have no idea. But, someone on here will. :D

PAGING LARVA PAGING LARVA

If anyone can help you out...it is him. I kind of consider him a memory GOD. He knows his stuff and doesn't post B.S. (No I am NOT implying that any other members post B.S. so don’t have a fit!) Larva is straight and too the point. All though, when dealing with the great question of "what memory to buy" you are going to get mixed responses. It's kinda like asking "what heatsink is the best." Do some hard core goggling and search these forums till your eyes fall out of your head. Best advice I can give.

I would just suggest getting a good brand. I know Corsair and Mushkin are good, although Corsair is definitely cheaper and I haven't had any problems with mine. I'd recommend pc3200 either 512 or a gig depending on your system.

Back