• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 655 Max/ Double Channel Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OTS

Im using this MB since 5-6 months without problems with two corsair xms 3200CL2 / 256 mb in "L"configuration in dimm slot 1 and 3. Now it freezes or boot the PC if I used this configuration. If I use just one module it works fine without problems, using any of the modules (one at a time). My system consist of the mentioned mainboard, P4 2.53, ATI Radeon 9500 pro, Corsair XMS 3200CL2 256 x 2, WD 80gb SE, Audigy 2, ANTEC Tru Power 430 PS, Lite On CDRW, Cooler Master case with 4 fans.
Please someone help me before I try to request an RMA to New Egg.

Thank you all in advance.

OTS

Ill send back the two memory modules (corsair xms 3200c2, 256mb x 2) with an rma to the vendor. It was a big possibility than one of the modules was working with defects. It happens when the system starts to get some heat with games. The processor its running cool (40-42 C) and the internal case temp its at around the same. I installed an oversize fan on the video card (ATI Radeon 9500 pro) and the temp went down a lot on it. I also made some adjustments on the OS services from WinXP pro www.blackviper.com
If someone wants to help me with any good additional advice are welcome.

OTS

OK, IT looks like no one can help me with this. Today I received back from New Egg, two new ddr memory modules. I just run to install those little gems, and in a matter of seconds the headache just started again. When the two modules are present in the motherboard the problem came back again. It hangs out in a matter of minutes and faster if I start to use a program like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop or Games. The Bios was revised twise, and I am not overclocking the system. The ghost just attacks when the two memory modules are present. If just one of them is present, it works fine without any problem...

Some body Help Me!!!!!

OTS

Back