• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some memory BAD!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Just sold 1 of my 'many' computers with the last bit of memory I had.. I need to replace memory PRONTO!!!! I have a Chaintech 9pjl mobo and I've seen reviews for it using GEIL memory.. I don't know if I want to run in dual channel or not(probably should).. Can't afford more than 512mb right now But would like at least PC3500 memory...Some suggestions please--Need to order before the week is up..Either a single 512mb stick or 2x256mb sticks(dual-channel)
been looking at this site: http://www.ocsystem.com/ocx251pcddma1.html
For $99.00 don't think that's bad, but don't know anything about the chips on the modules...
Heard good/ and bad about Komusa memory but I don't think I can beat this deal...http://komusa.com/51kit2x2pc50.html $109.00 with free shipping!!!

Either dual-channel pc3500 for $99 or dual channel PC4000 for $109???
Probably worth the extra $10 dollars if I can run it @ lower latencies

Last edited:
the 109 dual channel memory from komusa is made to their order by a 3rd party company using various chips. i dont know how good that will run over 250. also not familiar with that mb. but if u cant really wind up the fsb id go with some pc3200-3500 that will take tight timings.u might want to check out their hyperram store thats where primo stuff is located.

I would look at Buffalo pc3700, check at newegg. This is good stuff :D. Looks like they were out of the 512sticks again. You could grab 2 256sticks.

J.

definitely check out the buffalo, the chips are some of the best out right now and at an excellent price unlike corsair where you'll have to pay a big premium for the name with the same chips

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
definitely check out the buffalo, the chips are some of the best out right now and at an excellent price unlike corsair where you'll have to pay a big premium for the name with the same chips

*ding ding ding!* an we have a winner! :D.

btw, that avatar is Smoooooookin!

J.

Back