• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Smoothing out my A7N8Xdeluxe/barton2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Franchize

Just got this board and im trying to get it running properly. Im runnning a barton2500 with 2 256mg Corsair XMS3200LLPT memory modules. Im having a hard time figuring out the bios. Its a little more complicated than my A7V'S. I would just like to know which memory settings are perfect for my chip. I think its 2,2,2,5. What frequency do i run it at? I tried to set it to 200 and i had to reset my cmos. Figured i would ask the pro's. A link or walkthrough would be greatly appreciated.

First, change from auto to manual, then everything should be set to user defined. Memory set. on my rig are 6-3-3-2- which is what runs the most stable. Be sure to lock out your agp card. You should get 11 x 200 right out of the box with no vcore increase. Yor corsair likes 2.7 volts so make it happy. Once you have done this and get it going, run prime 95 and start having fun tweaking. Good luck.

done use the onboard jumper to set the FSB too 200, what you need to do is set the CPU external frq @ 200 and the Mem Frq @ 200.

here are some of my Bios settings

GateA20 - disabled
APIC - enabled (from HD set up)
CPU external Freq. - 200
CPU multiplyer - 11.5
system performance - user defiend
CPU interface - optimal
Memory freq - 100%
SDRAM active - 7
SDRAM ras to cas - 3
SDRAM ras precharge - 3
SDRAM cas latency - 2.5

FEB spectrum - 1.00%
APG spectrum - disabled
CPU V.core - 1.72v
DDR Ref. voltage - 2.7v

ty guys. How do i lock out my agp card?.....
Everytime i try to raise frequency to 200 it wont post. I have to reset cmos.

Last edited:
if your talking about your memory freq, keep at 100% so it's 1:1 with your cpu

No my cpu frequency set at 200 wont post. Set mem freq. to 100. Am I setting something else wrong?

If your rig don't post at 200 FSB, then try to raise your CPU Vcore voltage. If the voltage is set at default, raise it up a notch. Keep an close eye on the TEMPS! Try not to go over .1 volts unless you have excellant cooling. Please keep in mind this is at your own risk. The best I got was 197 X 10.5 with Stock cooling and 1.725 CPU Vcore. My temps with Load was at 55 C.

Go the the same screen you adjust your fsb on and scroll to the bottom. There you will see the settings for the agp card. There you will change form auto to manual. Leave you agp voltag as is, but set you agp freq. to 66 or 67. Hope this helps. If your agp freq. is not locked this will keep you from posting at 200 fsb. Tom
Also, if you are running bios 1007 reflash to 1006. There is a lot of talk of this bios instability + you will get your cpu\aggressive timings back that 1007 took away.

Ok TY. I will try locking agp first. If not ill up the vcore. Cooling shouldnt be a problem im running SLK 800 with smartfan2. also have 4 case fans.

Back