• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any new Abit boards coming out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UnrealCpu said:
I know the IC7 Max 3 is the best right now what else is coming soon like in the next month?????

Best waste of money!

Go to abits web site read the forums and you will understand what I am talking about.

i think that the AI7 is overpriced at 200+ $?? Id stick with a classic ic7-g for the SATa support and you can vmod it to get the 3.3 vmem :SD

I personally hope that Abit continue to develope the uGuru and add that feature to future boards.
I would like to see uGuru on a 875 board...

the AI7 is already out in the stores here in Singapore - preliimary reports are just so-so and yes, it is priced at a premium. Costs around the same as the IC7 here (slightly more actually).

And over the weekend, I bought the new version of the IS7-E, v1.2 with minor changes from the v1.1. Supposedly tougher NB anchoring wire and an additional component under the S478 socket. Same Realtek LAN chip though, pity.

The AI7 costs 150$ here, and we're usually way over US prices here in Sweden.

I've got a IS7-E v1.0 and it has got the 3Com Gigabit LAN =)

Funky, if you explode the pick of the board from that link the cpu socket is rotated 45 degrees so its diagnal to the mounting bracket. Is it like that on a production board lol ?

How hrm. I dunno thats just weird to me. That would make a whole slew of heatsinks not fit. Its got to be some pic error or im going crosseyed in my old age.

It does appear the CPU socket is rotated at a 45 degree angle, but the heatsink retention bracket and mounting holes are still aligned the old way. Looks like heatsinks still mount the same way, so I doubt there will be any problems fitting aftermarket heatsinks to the mobo (as long as that socket handle locks down flush).

br408408 said:
Just bought an AI7 from Newegg $124.00 here in the USA. like it so far....memory voltage goes to 3.2 without mods btw.

Can you share us some PCMark results?

Been playing with the AI7 myself, and have had no problems with HSF mounting. And yes, the CPU socket is 45 degrees off of the socket retention mechanism. Most likely, ABIT did this for some power or trace path related issues...

Back