• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it rev 2.0??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
i wanna get a nf7-s rev 2.0 from new egg lot of people say they only ship rev 2.0 boards however when i caled them the women did not know for sure and when i go to their site it doesn't say rev 2.0 and it only say that it supports fsb 200,266,333 no 400fsb now i don't know what to do any suggestions pls need to ordered soon!

and if i order it and if it is not rev 2.0 could i ship it back will they take it back im bummed.

gameve have rev 2.0 but i think they dont ship as fast as new egg and i would need it end of this week.

pls any suggestions

I didn't order mine off newegg, but I found this thread, and the guys there said that newegg doesn't ship below 2.0 anymore. Also, you'll be able to return it, but unless it's defective you'll probably have to pay a restocking fee.

I'd defiantly order it from Newegg. I haven't heard anyone get anything else but a rev 2.0 for a long time. Besides their customer service, at least IMHO, is the best!

Even though you might have allready ordered from newegg, I just got mine from Gameve yesterday and it will be here tomorrow wit hstandard free shipping from Cali (them) to Fl (me) they are really quick just as fast as newegg. They were also cheaper, for a guaranteed rev 2.0.

rxtrom said:
Even though you might have allready ordered from newegg, I just got mine from Gameve yesterday and it will be here tomorrow wit hstandard free shipping from Cali (them) to Fl (me) they are really quick just as fast as newegg. They were also cheaper, for a guaranteed rev 2.0.

I got one from them too, it came in an open box though, and wasn't stable at all even at 200 fsb... even 166fsb had some problems, so I got an RMA... I followed their instructions to cross ship. They told me to send them the board back while they ship me a new one and to include everything that came with it... I did that and just got the replacement yesterday.... it was the board, alone, nothing else.. no manual, no metal plate for the case, no nothing, just the board... I didn't get a chance to test it yet but more likely than not it'll be the same thing, dead... if thats the case, i'll RMA again but this time for a refund and lose the 15% but at this point I don't care.

what's the lesson in this? don't buy from gameve.com cos in case you have to RMA anything, they suck.

EDIT: they also tend to send open boxes, which makes me think all those boards aren't really v2, they just changed the sticker on it...

kiljaden5 said:

EDIT: they also tend to send open boxes, which makes me think all those boards aren't really v2, they just changed the sticker on it...

Best way to verify if you have a rev2 board is to look for a very bright red led in the lower left area of the motherboard. Only the rev2 has this led. IMHO should this issue altogether by ditching the sticker and putting the revision # right on the board.

Deathknight said:

Best way to verify if you have a rev2 board is to look for a very bright red led in the lower left area of the motherboard. Only the rev2 has this led. IMHO should this issue altogether by ditching the sticker and putting the revision # right on the board.

oh, in that case it WAS a rev 2, just happened to be a sucky one... hope this one works.. but i'm still stuck with no metal backplate :mad:

sorry for you that is suck i hate that kind of business i just ordered from new egg fed ex came by and i wasn't home so im gonna have to go pick it up cuz next time they come by again is monday and i can't wait til then i hope it will be a rev 2.0 if not i be ****ed.

Wolfeinstein said:
sorry for you that is suck i hate that kind of business i just ordered from new egg fed ex came by and i wasn't home so im gonna have to go pick it up cuz next time they come by again is monday and i can't wait til then i hope it will be a rev 2.0 if not i be ****ed.

don't worry about it not being v2... I don't think they make anything else besices v2 now and it seems that's all newegg has

as for mine, the replacement turned out to be great, i'm still out of the metal backplate, i might have to make one myself if i feel like it, but i'm running 215 x 11 right now with ram timings 5 2 2 2 and everything is fine...

i'm gonna try for 220 x 11 :D

EDIT: don't forget to take off the stock northbridge cooler off and take off the thermal compound it has stock... replace it with some AS3, it makes a WORLD of a difference... maybe that's why my first board didn't work right and this one did...

2nd EDIT: seems I top out at 213 x 11, but that might just be a CPU limitation, or the ram timings... knowing that my CPU can't go much higher at all, this is where i'm staying and i'm happy :D

Last edited:
ok explain why im nuts cuz i have 2 tubes of as3 and im using that dont trow mony out like u see when they gone and i need more i will probably buy the better one but until it's gone i will use it up.
and i dont think as5 will make that big of a difference!

AS3 is still more cost effective.
Anyway Kiljaden i am sorry to hear you had bad luck with the Abit, and Gameve they didn't seem like they were fair to you.
I got my board i don't think it was an open box, but i am happy with it. So....So far my ONE experience with gamve is a good one

rxtrom said:
AS3 is still more cost effective.

Uh, more cost effective? It's like 7bucks for a 3gram tube! It's people like you who cheap out on your computer then get mad when it doesn't overclock. Get AS5.

Note: You get what you pay for with computers, if it's more expensive it's likely better.

Originally posted by Wolfenstein
ok explain why im nuts cuz i have 2 tubes of as3 and im using that dont trow mony out like u see when they gone and i need more i will probably buy the better one but until it's gone i will use it up.
and i dont think as5 will make that big of a difference!

I'll explain to you why you're nuts. "Not a big difference", dude, any difference, even 2-4 degrees is gonna help you get more FSB and speed outta' your computer. Not only that it'll increase the lifespan of your computer. In fact I'll probably reseat everything in my computer with AS5.

If 7 dollars a big deal to you then why even bother making a computer to overclock. You're gonna be spending lots more than that probably in the near future. There is always going to be something to you will need to perfect or replace. The sooner you do it the better off you'll be.

Also, don't go assuming I waste money. I just know that when something has to be done right.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
so what until now as3 was fine now all of the sudden it's not it works for me perfecly im at 199x12 and i can't get higher not because of as3 cuz voltage limitation......

second i will use it up my temps are low temp limitation was never a draw back for my only limitation i had was either mobo or voltage.
I have the best hs,fan on so temp always low (relatively)..

I never said it wasn't fine, I said that AS5 is superior and therefore should be used instead. If you're only hitting 199fsb that's not really great. I could hit 200 with my generic PC2700. It's when you are trying to get FSBs beyond 200, and Clock changes over 2.2ghz is when all these little things are going to matter the most.

-Overcrocked

Overcrocked,
I have seen the AS3 for $3 shipped and the comperable size of AS5 for $12 shipped at the same site. I agree with you though just like anything you get what you pay for.

Back