• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH5 CH5, need to know more...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William.E

hi, im thinking of making the switch from AMD to intel, i want to try and learn more about bh5 and ch5 cause ive read about it and dont know anything about it, where can i learn more? i have corsair PC3500 that will do 5.2.2.2 stable at 219fsb any idea which chips i may have?

help me out, thanks,

bill.

It depends on when/where you bought it. DDR438 at 2-2-2-5 is great, no matter which chip you use. It's possible, and potentially likely, that you could have CH-5 chips. BH-5 were also used in Corsair XMS3500 during the beginning of their run, so it's possible you could have them as well. At what voltage are you running? If you don't mind running at higher volts (and possibly performing a VDIMM voltage mod), you could possible try running at 3.0-3.2 Volts and see how high it gets you while at 2-2-2 timings.

im at my boards max, 2.9v i think, never really though about doing vdimm, is it hard, because i cant solder, i think ill look it up. i think i was at 2.8v when i was running 219 sync. do you know any good links for info on the bh5 ch5 thing with p4 boards because there was a sticky in memory with a big discusion about it and it was hard to understand, or what i mean is is it important or usefulto know?

There's nothing one really needs to know other then the fact that more people have been capable of getting better overclocks with BH-5 then with CH-5. Also, more problems have been caused with chipset/memory compatibility with CH-5 memory then BH-5. Not much can be gained by learning the exact differances between the two chips.

If you do in fact have CH-5 memory, and it overclocks great (as it looks like it's capable of, based on your 219MHz @ 2-2-2) and has no compatibility issues, then your doing better then most of them.

If you do have BH-5 memory, then all the better.

Back