• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system unstable with BIOS 1.007

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

STONEGOLEM

Registered
Hi my friends,

I have updated my A7N8X Deluxe BIOS from 1.006 to 1.007
But my system turned unstable state !!!

I restored BIOS Defaults, and manually made the same settings before BIOS Update (vcore: 1.725, @11x200, memory: agressive)

What is the problem now ? :(

Before BIOS Update, I tested my system with heavy games for 6-8 hours and no problem occured.

But now... Prime 95 do not work for 10-15 mins !!! Program terminates itself with a message: "hardware error."

What can I do now ? Shoul I reload 1.006 BIOS back ?

yours respectfully... Stonegolem

(NOTE: I only Updated BIOS, the only system difference is it. And I have bought an UPS with 1500VA, but I don't think that an UPS cause this kind of problem ?)

Last edited:
check the PCI Latercy setting (32). from 1006 to 1007 are some change: CPU setting no longer a option, new SATA driver, and PCI latercy setting. when u update it u will see all the memory control install it in your system. As far as the bio problem. I don't recall issure with it. personally, I like the uber 1007 better. it unlock everything for u. even the cpu setting aggressive. :) If u having problem with 1007. then u better off flash back 1006. But if u want to play around with it, try the uber 1007. :) I am using it ;)

ps. they is a problem when I compare uber1007 with uber1004. uber 1007 will run cooler, but the memory timing change from 6-3-2-2. On other hand, uber 1004 which alot of people said the best bio :D run warmer and memory timing can change to whatever I like. I had try 4-2-2-2. it was stable. so.. it up to u. after all.. is your broad and is your momey . ahahah:D

Last edited:
Don't mess with the 1007. I did and my rig was unstable at OC settings I previously was able to obtain with stablility on the 1005. I reloaded my 1005 and OC it and bang, I lost my Bios program period. I couldn't believe this happen and actually took me by surprise. I guess we OCers live on the edge of excitement. My Rig is in the hospital bed awaiting a new heart transplant. I found BadBios on the website and they will provide a new chip with bios. I am waiting to see what Assus will do for me before I order. FYI...Badbios said these board are extremely termpromental to overclocking, no matter which file you are using.

I sorry to hear the bad news about your PC my friend.

I remove OC for now, I'm a newbie and sometimes I can't overcome the problems without help. I'm sure some pro's will overcome these new settings.

The other, interesting problem is the temp values... they are increased with 1.007 BIOS ?!!!

And dear "325cic" you're right... After BIOS Udate I saw the new memory control installitions...

Any idea ?

STONEGOLEM said:
I sorry to hear the bad news about your PC my friend.

I remove OC for now, I'm a newbie and sometimes I can't overcome the problems without help. I'm sure some pro's will overcome these new settings.

The other, interesting problem is the temp values... they are increased with 1.007 BIOS ?!!!

And dear "325cic" you're right... After BIOS Udate I saw the new memory control installitions...

Any idea ?

humm.. I think the best way to do now is uninstall the prime 95 and reboot then reinstall prime 95. I don't remember for sure but I think I have that problem too when I first update it. after I did what I told u. it's fine. If the problem still there after u reinstall it. Then u have no choice but flash back to 1006 bio and see what happen. :)

The system is unstable with OC and 1.007 BIOS...

I tried to play some new games but random game crashes occured (game returns to windows without an error message)

When I remove OC, everthing works fine (games and prime95)

I believe that I need to learn new settings for 1.007 BIOS

okay.. u better off with this bio. try this uber 1007 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.mcclay/ make sure u got the right version for your bio. check your broad for the right version. u will see it between your 2 pci slot. should be print right after the A7N8X print. I think your is V2.XX but u got to make sure. This bio is unlock all the hide option plus more voltage for u to raise. ;) so... try it out and see...

325 cic, this is a llittle off topic, but would going from 1006 to 1007 uber bios do me any good since I do not have any of the volt mods that you have done? My sig has my specs. Thanks and I hope this question helps you stonegolem.

Splinter said:
325 cic, this is a llittle off topic, but would going from 1006 to 1007 uber bios do me any good since I do not have any of the volt mods that you have done? My sig has my specs. Thanks and I hope this question helps you stonegolem.

Yes, I want to know this too, I don't have voltmod, is this uber BIOS suitable for me ?

Splinter, what are your BIOS Settings for 1.007 please write me every setting other than 1.007 defaults (vcore, agp freq. etc...)

Splinter said:

well, there is some good about the 1007 that 1006 don't have which PCI latercy setting option, new sata bio update, and new memory controller. alot of people said they have problem with 1007 bio but my works like a rock:D special the uber 1007 unlock the hide option and raise the chipset voltage. that will help u overclock alot. Personally, I have no problem try out new thing. if u don't like it, just roll back to the old one. For the volt mod stuff. u don't have to do it if u don't want to. the uber do the volt mod for u already..( software mod). I do the broad mod that let me go farther . For ex: normally u run 220 x 11, but u want to run higher FSB like 230 x 10.5. that require u to mod the chipset voltage and memory voltage for better stablize it. Uber 1007 did raise from 1.7v to 1.8v and memory voltage up from 2.8v to 2.9v now. u tell me .. is that help overclocking.. ;) anyway, try the uber 1007, u won't be disappointed. :D

The 1007 did not work for me. I think the source where I obtained the Bios was not a good site or something. I do believe the Asus board is good, but Bios have issus (all bios), especially for those who want to OC. The Bios Check Sum error I received while OC confirmed a bad bios I loaded from a European Server (only one available and active at the time). I reloaded my original bios 1005, but the damage was already done and as soon as I started to OC, I lost the bios. Good news. Assus is shipping me a new bios chip with pre-loaded Bios for $20 plus $5 to ship. Soon my Board will be arisen from the Dead. I have all the electrical wires running from my board to the top of my house, waiting for the big lightning to strike. Frankenstein will be alive soon.

Sniper.nkc said:
The 1007 did not work for me. I think the source where I obtained the Bios was not a good site or something. I do believe the Asus board is good, but Bios have issus (all bios), especially for those who want to OC. The Bios Check Sum error I received while OC confirmed a bad bios I loaded from a European Server (only one available and active at the time). I reloaded my original bios 1005, but the damage was already done and as soon as I started to OC, I lost the bios. Good news. Assus is shipping me a new bios chip with pre-loaded Bios for $20 plus $5 to ship. Soon my Board will be arisen from the Dead. I have all the electrical wires running from my board to the top of my house, waiting for the big lightning to strike. Frankenstein will be alive soon.

sorry to hear that... yeah.. that happen to me sometimes too. got the bad bio source. that why I am not going download anything till I know for sure that bio work fine. the person make the uber bio is well known person over nforcershq.com he have been doing the modifed since the beginning of nforcer driver. so.. I have no problem with his bio since 1004 up to now 1007. the only thing that could go wrong now is u choice the wrong verison bio and flash it. otherwhile, u can flash and raflash and reflash... it just keep going and going and goin... :D one thing for u all. when u flash your bio.. don't overclock. run underclock or the same clock at your cpu. like barton 2500+ will be 11 x 166. so u will never have problem while u flash it. my 2 cent. ;)

You guys might want to check out THIS product - it is basically a "backup" BIOS controlled via a switch - if you bork one BIOS chip, you merely flip the switch, load from that BIOS, load the Awardflash utility from that BIOS, flip the switch again, re-flash the corrupted BIOS chip, clear CMOS after the beeps, and then have fun again.

It is a bit pricy, but I think it is well worth it (I have had around 20 BIOS deaths!).

STONEGOLEM - I wish you the best of luck with your problem my friend, I know how you feel about this disapointment. Might I suggest that you just use BIOS revision 1006 for now, untill someone adresses the issues with revision 1007? Some people love this new BIOS, others have problems with it. Take care, and best of luck.

felinusz said:
STONEGOLEM - I wish you the best of luck with your problem my friend, I know how you feel about this disapointment. Might I suggest that you just use BIOS revision 1006 for now, untill someone adresses the issues with revision 1007? Some people love this new BIOS, others have problems with it. Take care, and best of luck.

Thank you my friend.

people seem to have problem with 1007 bio. For me, it works like a old bio. I did some verify see the different between 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007. It's all the same in bio from 1004 to 1006 with some FSB change and fix in SATA bio update. On the other hand 1007 seem one step father by update the memory controller, PCI controller, SATA bio update, PCI latercy setting. I don't say it will work for everyone, factory recommand don't flash your bio if u don't have problem with it. But here we are in the damn overclock's world try to get the most out of your computer. :D Flash it or not is up to u... after all, it your money;) who give a **** what people think :D peace!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back